Today is the perfect day to write this post! It’s a warm, summers day in South Africa with the temperature currently at 25 degrees celsius! Everyone wants that perfect summer tan so I thought why not make my own guide for you to follow this Summer?! I’m all for tanning but it can be harmful if done for long periods of time. So in this guide you will find out :
- What not to do when tanning
- What to do when tanning
- Products to help/use when tanning
What not to do when tanning:
- Avoid sunburns. For the obvious reason that it will cause more harm to you than good. Don’t tan to the point that you get sunburnt. Rather take tanning intervals so you are not in the sun for hours on end. Even if it means tanning for 1 hour a day, gradually you will see the results. The best tans take time so patience is key 😉
- Go big or go home. Don’t only focus on tanning your legs but rather your arms, legs and back etc to create an even and not uneven tan. Theirs nothing worse than a sock tan 😉
- Don’t use a sun tan lotion that doesn’t have SPF or a good SPF as this could cause sunburn and you don’t want that know do you 😉 The main role of SPF is to prevent the harmful rays of sun from damaging your skin so it would be good to check if your sun tan lotion has SPF and a good SPF too.
What to do when tanning:
- Tan between 10am-2pm as this is the best time to catch that perfect tan!
- Think of something to keep yourself occupied and relaxed in the sun. Whether it be music, reading, pondering about life, whatever you enjoy
- Whatever you do stay hydrated! Just being outside in the sun can make a person dehydrated so drinking lots of liquids will really help. Even if it means making yourself your favourite mocktail or ice tea!
Products to help/use when tanning:
What is really cool at the moment is Clicks is having a 3 for 2 special on most of their sun tan lotions so the whole family is sorted for the sun this season! <3 I am very impressed with the 1st two products shown above from Faithful to Nature as it is from an all Organic website which I am all for! The links of the products are below the products.
I hope this guide will be of use for you this Summer! I’m really looking forward to fun days in the sun with my family and friends <3 I hope you too will have a lot of fun in the sun with your loved ones and most importantly to be safe in the sun
Facebook- Style By Nicole